Our International strategy is five-fold:
1. Connect local FCA staff and International communities. By combining our resources and targeting key international areas, we will pursue opportunities and develop ongoing relationships for maximum impact. We will have numerous opportunities to send groups to engage internationally.
2. Train the trainers. We will send FCA staff members overseas to train international groups in sports ministry techniques.We also have opportunities to host international sports ministry leaders to come to the United States and “shadow” FCA staff members. This experience allows us to model our methods so they can develop and adapt those concepts to their culture.
3. Distribute resources. FCA is known worldwide for its resources, and opening channels to get those resources to the rest of the world is already underway. Spanish, Ukrainian and Mandarin language resources are on shelves, as is the first-ever Chinese sports devotional. FCA’s Heart of an Athlete has been translated into several languages. Translating camp curriculum and inserting it into the back of FCA Bibles in 15 languages assists camp leaders all over the world.
4. Develop an affiliate program. A long-term goal is to see leaders from across the world building sports ministry in their country. International affiliates of FCA would be able to use FCA resources and tools to grow their ministries.
5. Work in partnership with the International Sports Coalition. The International Sports Coalition is a group of organizations from across the globe that come together to serve the world in sports ministry. This allows FCA to team up with other leaders to make a greater impact.